These volunteers are responsible for helping the client maintain their safety, position, and balance while following instruction during the lesson. They help keep the client’s attention directed toward the task at hand and the instructor/therapist.
Lead horses in the barn areas ONLY. This includes to and from fields, stalls, and crossties.
- Complete a Horse Experience Questionnaire (will be sent to you).
- Attend and pass Horse Leader Workshop Part 1.
- 2 years or more of horse experience (i.e. riding, barn, help, etc.).
- 12 or more NVTRP volunteer hours.
- 8 or more NVTRP sidewalking hours.
Lesson Volunteers can lead horses in lessons and at events. Client session leaders are chosen at the discretion of the therapist/instructor.
- Attend and pass Horse Leader Workshop Part 2 – Taking the Lead.
- Actively volunteer for 3 months after passing the Horse Leader Workshop Part 1
2 years or more of horse experience (i.e. riding, barn help, etc.).
A volunteer who helps in the office on an as-needed basis
with a variety of tasks.